Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Introduction and Backstory

I'm that person who is always painting and re-painting her nails. For the past two years there has rarely been a time where I didn't have some strange design, however badly done, decorating my nails. Luckily I've gotten the hang of it since then and have gotten to the point where I am somewhat ambidextrous. Challenge me to an elephant-and-rhinocerous-playing-chess drawing contest and you're going DOWN.

Anyways, this nail painting thing started in eighth grade, when my friend Alexzandra started doing cool designs on her nails. For Valentine's Day of 2009 I had red nails, and my dad helped me do dots on all the fingers and I think a heart on the thumbs. I'm not sure if he did the right hand for me or the dots for all the hands. Anyways, my nail polish collection went from about 4 to a lot in a short amount of time. I usually got bottles of nail polish for a dollar each in a marketplace stall in Chinatown. It may not have been the best quality but I still use them today.

My nail polish collection has grown over time, thanks to my mother, my aunt, and my friends, Jessica and Camila. I now have stickers, rhinestones, over 50 different bottles of nail polish, thin brushes— all sorts of crazy stuff to create different designs every time. Oh, and thanks to julieg713 (from YouTube), who helped me with some designs at first. Mainly the plaid, the Christmas lights, and the peppermint. And Jessica, again, for being my only client and test subject when it comes to new designs.

I'd say this blog is for anything about nails; new polish, designs, just about anything, really. I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment